Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Misunderstood

{Thank You Dane}
~
This gift born through sin;
I am misunderstood in a world
Confused about my within

My pain bleeds
From cuts that have healed
So you can never see this
Hurt I feel
How I deal
How I try to hold onto
Reality just to know I'm real

I am conceptually misunderstood
From my mother's womb I came
Abandoned and left for stranded.
My innocence raped and unprotected
From shelter and hood

You cannot render judgment upon me
As I on the surface try just to breathe…

I am confined to this self that is me
I'm twisted and toiled
My past soiled
My soul torn
My spirit worn

You with vision, but cannot see
Imagine being me
Understanding of my identity
I have yet to know
Explanation of self
How could I possibly owe?


© Alya Landry 2008

No comments:

Post a Comment