Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Carrie


{for my Great Grandmother}
~
She reaches out to hold my
Hand with all her might
Memories walk right on in
Making me laugh...cry

Our silence is comfortable
Her eyes reveals the loneliness
Of her soul
I hold on so she doesn't let go

Stroking her hair
She barely knows I'm there
Calling her name I have her attention
But only for a second

I wonder if on the inside
She is lonely
If her eyes could whisper
I know they'd tell me

Alone in this shell
Scores of borrowed hell
Beaming eyes growing dim
Her tears so quiet that
Tells of life's end

Her voice silenced by time
But she has the promise
Of a great hope in her ear
So apart is just for a while

Still holding my hand
I only know that if sorrow
Exists in tomorrow
I'd rather yesterday borrow


© Alya Landry 2008

No comments:

Post a Comment