Monday, December 29, 2008

No Strings Attached...

So...
Here we are- no strings attached right?
No regrets?
Ending where we met
Just a few things...
Remember to forget
All that was never spoken
But how it was always felt

To erase "this"
Should we have walked backwards
So we can move forward?
I mean, don't get me wrong because
There aren't any strings attached -right?
Can we let this day turn to night
So we don't have to see good-bye?

How strange this feels...
Tomorrow how do I deal
With the empty space
That once held your face
Do we just drop a dime
And say thanks for the time?

Why do you smile
While I'm desperately trying to

Unweave you from my heart
That's slowly dying

We knew it would end
But how do we leave when

I was just about to begin
To tell you I love you
With all that I am and everything that you are
Because you and I just don't equal apart

No strings attached right?

Then why can't we let go?...


© Alya Landry 2008


2 comments:

  1. This is incredible, the raw emotion, the visceral pain I especially love the last paragraphs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Comments like these inspire me to keep writing. Thank u

    ReplyDelete