Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Eyes Of The City


Watchful eyes
targeting
preying

with a clarity unmatched
speaking without words
vision whispers stories
of those who walk the night
of those who claim the darkness
as their own

These eyes of the city follow closely
invisible
mostly ghostly
prying into the nakedness of your soul
your deepest thoughts and secrets
exposed

You feel and unexplained coldness
more than a chill but less than a thrill

There are no hiding places
for the eyes of the city
sees all

1 comment:

  1. Dane, you know that I just love you. You are always evolving into someone that I can never quite put my hands on, but that is the beauty that makes you wonderful to me! Keep up the beautiful posting my dear!

    Oh, and that closing line drew me right back into her eyes!

    A~

    ReplyDelete