Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Summer's Winter Blues

{Inspired from a beautiful piano player-James Holzer}
~
I can’t remember the day I knew
That I would always love you
Was it the day your voice bristled
In my ear like a chiffon breeze
That wrapped me deep within
Maybe the shine in your eyes
That promised forever mine
~
I can’t remember the day
But I just knew
That it would always
Be me
Be you…
~
Safe from all that existed
That moment forever present
Is all there is
You and me.
You and I.
Reflected images of I love you
Without there being a reason why
~
A love I held so close to me
Only to have to set you free
Slowly from my dying heart
I still feel you unweaving
~
Like a ribbon with no ends
We can only meet again
For love has yet to begin
The sun tickles the sky’s blues
My tears smile
And I remember you
~
Cold and empty on this day of June
As if Summer’s got the Winter blues
Memories of together from my soul flow
They whisper and dance with the rain asking…
“Where you’re going…can I go?”

© Alya Landry 2008

2 comments:

  1. You have so much talent. I really like reading your work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel bad going through this and seeing that you commented. For now on, I will see your messages. I turned my notifications on:) I am so sorry:(

    Thank you for the compliment!

    Alya

    ReplyDelete