Friday, February 6, 2009

Indelibly

I wrote this piece for a very good author who lost her husband some years ago. She described him in such a way the title was very fitting. Thanks MJH

Michael Franks: How I Remember You

Time holds me for a moment and you are here with me
When the moments have passed, you are still the only one I see
Indelibly written on my heart
Your spirit fills the space between
So I never have to feel the emptiness of apart
Our love spreads in all directions
It wraps me 'round when loneliness visits
Bringing back the happiness
That only my heart has felt
Each other we understood
To, for, and with me you were so good
O, how I remember you on a day like this
I could never unweave you from my heart
That you have tenderly kissed
You are etched vividly in my life
Indelibly penned
You, my husband and I your wife...



© Alya Landry 2008

No comments:

Post a Comment