Sunday, February 1, 2009

The Longest Good-Bye

Tears fall as you turn and walk away
My heart begging

Dying for you to stay
Our eyes say what our
Silent whispers won't
They tell you not to look
Back only to see my head hanging
Low to the earth and the drizzle's
Shower begin to beat me

Don't look back to see
Me with the memory of
You and I drenching from my heart
Slipping through my fingers
As I drop to my knees trying to hold on to you
Let me remember the happiness
That was you and I
Me and you
Us

Don't say a word
Just let me smile at your
Solemn stare and let me
Cry this flood of emotions
Running standing still inside of me

Let me have the memory of holding your
Senses in the palm of my hands
And let me wonder you

With eyes screaming quietly
STAY...stay...stay
We let go… and O how we wished
That it were hello's beginning
Instead of ending's good-bye...


© Alya Landry 2008

6 comments:

  1. I'm feeling this, consider me a fan...

    -Ed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd love to help you out/work together. Your blog is awesome. I started mine in order to network with people like you.

    When you email me next time, email at jmader@netwalk.com I get to that email much more quickly and reserve it for special people!

    Talk to you soon....Jan

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't say a word
    Just let me smile at your
    Solemn stare and let me
    Cry this flood of emotions
    Running standing still inside of me


    true talent, poetic and fun entry,
    Happy Rally.

    let us know via commenting after you are done 18 commenting among your peers.

    ReplyDelete